Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Tiki Barber Biography

   My next book to review came from a free box (Sorry, Tiki ) after what looks like some water damage. It's not the type of biography I'd typically read since I have no interest in football. But...I've heard of Tiki, so I rescued it from the free box and added it to my summer reading pile.
  Tiki's early life is upset when his dad walks out on the family, but with a strong-willed mother the family thrives. Tiki and his twin brother Ronde excel at school and then on the football field. The detailed chapters about Tiki's football games drowsed me, but for a fan of the game they'd probably be eye-openers. I dig the familial backgrounds of all biographers, so the only chapter that really held me was the first chapter and the pictures.
 There are no real juicy stories here, just a typical biography with a positive message.
 Off to my recycling pile it goes! (sorry again, Tiki!)


No comments:

Post a Comment