Friday, July 15, 2016

No Way Up / Mary Connealy

My latest review is No Way Up by Mary Connealy. I received the book through Bethany House Publishing.

  No Way Up starts with action in the first chapter. An avalanche takes down the patriarch of the Cimarron Ranch and he sets the rest of the story in motion. The three siblings are forced to live together as dad wishes while he's away recovering. The siblings then face danger from a mysterious shooting on the nearby mesa. Sadie and ranch-hand Heath decide to scale the mesa to find out who is taking aim at them.
 The story is set in the 1800's in New Mexico. I think it would be an enjoyable read for both men and women because it has a good balance of both romance and adventure. I'm particularly glad the romance doesn't take anything away from the story, it's subtle yet sweet and doesn't interrupt the action..
 The only part I found slightly confusing was the reveal of the shooter was quite detailed, I had to read it a few times to put all the pieces together. But, it does set it up nicely towards book number two in this series.
 Check it out! Good western for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment