Saturday, July 1, 2017

Here and Gone by Haylen Beck

I've been in the middle of several books so I haven't posted a review in a while, but I just finished Here and Gone and I'm ready to rave!
  Here and Gone is one of the best crime drama I've read this year, the writing and suspense are both top notch. The story begins with a woman on the run from her ex-husband when she's pulled over by a cop on a lonely sretch of highway. She's already nervous, and then the cop starts treating her suspiciously. During a search he finds a bag of weed in her trunk - that she didn't put there - he says he has to take her in. 'Don't worry' another cop will take her kids to a 'safe place' until she's released. She's arrested, jailed, and then....when she asks to see her kids, the cop sneers, 'What kids??' You can feel her panic and desperation right through the paper.
  We, the readers, know what happens to her kids when female cop Mitchell. Then watching the story unfold...Why were they taken? What are cops Collins and Mitchell planning to do with these kids....And then the desperation switches onto the cops when suspicion grows.
  I loved he originality of this story, then intense telling went all the way trough from beginning to end. It was one of those novels I wanted to keep reading and not put down. Show stopper! I can't wait to read more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment