Friday, January 12, 2018

A Cavalcade of Reviews

 I've fallen behind on my blogging, but I've still been reading like crazy. So, here's a list of brief reviews from a bunch of my latest books'

  Tuesdays With Morrie. I can't imagine anybody reading this and not loving every chapter. It's so full of inspiration, Morrie told his wisdom through his final breaths. The bond between Mitch and this man is as precious as anything you'll ever read. I give it an A.

  The Earthquake Doll by Candace Williams. If you can manage to find this book it is so worth it. It's beautifully written and a treasure chapter after chapter. The Earthquake Doll is set in Japan several years after WW2. Miyoko's father was killed in the war, so she lives with her mother at her aunt and uncle's house. Miyoko gets a job as a babysitter with an American family and becomes friends with thoroughly modern Rumiko next door. Miyoko is faced with an arranged marriage which she is not looking forward to. Front to back, it is a captivating read.

  The Book Thief. This is the audiobook I'm currently listening to. The Book Thief is set in WW2 Germany - I've read many books set in this time period and none of them have ever disappointed. The raw emotion these people face in Nazi Germany is devastating - This story follows 11 year old Leisel and her foster parents during the time of turmoil. I don't want to give anything away, but you will not be disappointed. Check your local library for this gem.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment