Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Demon Seed by Dean Koontz

  The first thought I had after the first chapter of this book was ' This could be Elon Musk's bible'. The story is all about an AI security system that develops consciousness and becomes obsessed with the owner of the house, Susan. The AI system, Alfred-or Prometheus as he calls himself, puts Susan's house on lockdown and she is trapped inside with Prometheus's mind controlled doctor Shenk.
  Prometheus's goal is to get Susan pregnant so he can become a real human being. The plan goes awry when a friend of Susan's arrives at the door and grows suspicious of her automated answers over her door intercom.
  I thought this was an awesome book.Dean Koontz never disappoints. I don't even consider myself a fan of sci-fi, but this story really draws you in. Do I recommend? Thumb's up! See if you can track it down as it's an older book from 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment