Sunday, September 9, 2018

Reincanation Blues by Michael Poore

  You've got to admire people who think differently and write differently and this book is one big Different. It was not my cup of tea, but good for him for trying to think outside the box.
 Reincarnation Blues. Where do I begin.
 I'll be honest. I read a few chapters and said, "I'm Out." I didn't finish the rest. This doesn't happen to me very often, but sometimes a book is just so....weird and Out There, I can't go any further. I have other books to read that I know I'll enjoy more.
 It starts off with this man who owns a fishing boat business; he's been reincarnated 9,995 times and  he's about to get devoured by a shark. Luck isn't on his side, and he is soon down to 4 lives. When he goes to 'heaven' , he is told he only has these last few lives left to understand the meaning of life. If not, his soul disappears forever.
 Death is  woman named Suzie who  he is having an affair with. He thinks back to some of his other lives and there's inappropriate swearing that doesn't fit with the characters of that time period, strange stories, 'Universe Women'.......Oy...
 Don't get me wrong, it is expertly written, but.... good luck to the person takes this book off the library free book table when I leave it there,  May you enjoy it more than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment