Friday, May 27, 2011

Grammar

I've been feeling paranoid about my grammar lately. Is it "I love you too" or "I love you, too" Is it 'anybody' or 'anyone'? 'I have to say this...' or 'I just have to say this...' Arrrrrrh....This is not something I used to have to think about, I used to just write and there it was. Now I'm so far removed from the last English class I took, I think I've forgotten some of the basics!! (And let's face it, the last 'English' class I had was just a coverup called 'Exploring Adolescence Studies' WTH??) I haven't had a good, real composition class in 25 years. (Should I start a new paragraph here??)
 No one likes to talk about losing their skills. But yeah, I need a refresher. I'm feeling like an idiot before every post I make on Facebook or Twitter. "Am I sure this is correct? They will know if it's not!! They're gonna think I'm an idiot! Oh, God, I pressed enter and I typed 'Happy birthday, from all of us here in Monti!' Was that supposed to be 'Happy birthday from all of us here in Monti.' no comma?! Is 'all of us' redundant?? Should it just say 'Happy Birthday (comma???) from us here in Monti' ???
 I've gotta hone up! Gotta dig out that English book again. Gotta study like it's 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment