Monday, May 30, 2011

"Camping" Memories

Memorial Day weekend and everyone is out camping.
I've wanted to go camping since the first time I laid eyes on a TV set. I'd beg to go as a kid, but to no avail. Apparently, my dad knew better than to spend the weekend in a tent.
I'd fake the whole experience though. I'd gather sticks from the street and make a pile, then try to rub two sticks together to make fire (you know, like on TV). We even had a tent in our cellar-this moldy, MASH-like tent that smelled like old cheese- it had no poles, so I'd have to tie it up to the swingset. Next to it, I'd set up our 70's style metal frame hammock, then sit out and eat some barbecue chips and read The Enquirer, like I was really camping out......I wasn't even allowed to spend the night outdoors, so by 5:00, campout was over.
I still want to go camping someday. (just not in a saggy cheese tent next to a highway)

Feel free to comment :) Everyone's welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment