Monday, June 6, 2011

A Wrinkle in Time

I got a copy of A Wrinkle in Time from a garage sale about 2 years ago, but I'm just getting around to it in my sky high pile of books.
 I remember having to suffer through this book when I was about 10 or 11 years old, for a school project, Fantasy books were not My Thing!! This book and that dreaded Phantom Tollbooth....(but that's for another day) Wrinkle in Time put me to sleep faster than a politically correct text book story with 'Questions at the end of the chapter'.
 Yet...... now I'm totally loving it! It just goes to show- adults thinking they know what kid's will like have no idea. Most likely, if an adult is crazy about a book, kid's are going to be bored out of their mind. When I was 10, all I wanted to read were those corny Baby-Sitter Club Books and Sweet Valley Twins. Only now am I able to appreciate the imagination and fascination of Madeleine L'Engle.

(Feel free to comment. Everyone is welcome)

No comments:

Post a Comment