Monday, May 4, 2015

What You Left Behind by Samantha Hayes

My latest Blogging For Books Review

What You Left Behind grabbed me from the first few pages. I was drawn into the plot and the characters so much so that every time I walked forby the book I wanted to stop and spend the rest of the afternoon with it.
 This book features a mix of adult plots and YA plots, with off-duty detective Lorraine on a visit to her sister Jo's house. Jo's son is acting despondent and distracted and they wonder if it's tied to the recent suicides of local teens in their town. You soon find out these suicides are more than what's on the surface. Family relative Gil who 'sees everything' is a key player in the story. When no one else believes his artistic drawings of one of the accidents, Lorraine takes it seriously and the plot unravels from there.
 I loved the subtle build up to the end, and the unique characters like Gil and Frank. The suspense was played out evenly through the novel so that each chapter left you wanting to know more.


No comments:

Post a Comment