Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sayonara by James Michener

  I'm actually reading this story out of an old 1950's Reader's Digest condensed. At first, I read the description and thought it might not be for me, then I shrugged that thought off quickly after the first chapter.
 It's the story of a Korean war air force man, Ace Gruver,  who asks to be sent to Japan where he plans to marry the American colonel's daughter. Before he does, he helps his friend to marry a Japanese woman, wondering to himself  'what could've gotten into the chap that would make him want to do such a thing,' only to find himself falling in love with the beautiful theater actress Hana-Ogi.
 As of this moment, I'm not officially finished done with the story. I'm up to....The Tragic Part .I've just enjoyed the book so much I couldn't wait to recommend it.
 This book was written back in 1953. Dig into the used book store or check Amazon. It's well worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment