Sunday, September 25, 2016

Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson

 I have no idea where I got the copy of this book, all I know is it looks pretty waterlogged and it's been in my pile for several years...my guess is I got it really cheap- or free- at a garage sale. What a value for a great story!

  Lisa Jackson is quickly becoming one of my favorite mystery writers, I've read several of her stories now and I've enjoyed them all. In Almost Dead, a woman -Cissy- is dealing with the release of her mother from prison as family members are being murdered around her. Her main concern is to protect her son B.J. "Beej" while trying not to fall back in love with her ex-husband. Spoiler Alert: The latter doesn't last. No surprise, since that's what we expect when a couple bickers in a book.. The ending packs a wollop, the murderer ends up being a woman...who knows Cissy-but Cissy doesn't know her! (You'll see).
  I enjoyed this one. It moved rapidly enough, wasn't too bogged down with romance, and enough twists that were surprising but not confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment