Sunday, September 25, 2016

Chocolate Days, Popsicle Weeks by Edward Hannibal

According to the date on the front flap I got this book around 3 and a half years ago....not worth the wait.

  Chocolate Days, Popsicle Weeks is what I call a "One-Dayer". I gave it a shot, made it through the 6 or so pages describing-in minute detail-the inner workings of a popsicle factory.... Skipped a chapter to get to the good parts....The man marries, they complain to their landlord about the heat....skip,skip,skip....He lands a job in New York, they go out for an expensive dinner they can't afford....A third in, still no action....And dumped it. I got a 4-Parter Wanda Brunstetter tome coming up next in my pile and don't have the patience this week for a small print, rambling, 1950's New York snore of a novel.
  Bring on the Amish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment