Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Wish / Beverly Lewis

This is my latest review for Bethany House Publishers, my latest novel I received is called The Wish by Beverly Lewis.

  To start off, I am quite liberal so you wouldn't think I would enjoy these Amish romances as much as I do because they are very religious and upright-but it's just the opposite: I'm a total geek for a good series of Amish romances. In fact, I enjoy the innocent and pure lifestyles these books are about. It's, I believe, why so many people are so fascinated by the Amish, deep down I think many of us would secretly like to chuck our modern lifestyles for this way of living-at least for a while-and you can do that when you  read a book like this for an hour.
  In The Wish, two best friends-Gloria and Leona-are pulled apart as teenagers when Gloria's father is excommunicated from the Amish community they live in. That means pulling up roots and leaving for Arkansas before Gloria and Leona can even say a proper goodbye. A few years pass and Gloria contacts Leona out of the blue, asking her for a visit at her new home in Arkansas. Leona accepts and makes the trip to visit Gloria in her Englischer world. ( That was one of my favorite parts of this book, the differences between modern Gloria and Plain Leona on her visit. Gloria has a cell phone and a car, and Leona is a bit in awe of her new friend, who is the same yet different.) After the visit, Leona invites Gloria back to Amish country for a visit. Gloria has some questions about the her own modern life, since it was thrust on her as a teenager without her say, so...will Gloria decide to return to the Amish life or not?? You'll like watching it unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment