Monday, March 27, 2017

Seaview Inn by Sherryl Woods

    Sherryl Woods is one of my favorite women's lit novelists and Seaview Inn is a prime example; it's a frothy, breezy, frozen custard fantasy where you go to escape and enjoy.
  I got this book from Amazon for Christmas a few years ago and I've been patiently waiting as my pile whittled down so I could pick this book up and start reviewing. Seaview Inn is a multi-generational story (one of my favorite platforms) with Grandma Jenny trying to restore her oceanside Florida Inn, her granddaughter Hannah who's hiding out after a cancer scare and trying to decide what to do with her life, and Hannah's daughter Kelsey who's also trying to decide what to do with her life now that she's a single, pregnant college student who is not ready for marriage. Toss in a hunky former friend of Hannah's from her childhood and you've got a plot.
 The story flows along and never once left me less than involved. Sure, if you're a romance/women's lit reader you know Kelsey's only going to refuse the marriage proposal for so long, Hannah's gonna trump up an excuse not to be with Hunk Luke until the last minute....of course, and then there's the happy ending. But that's what we want to happen because that's not how real life is. That's the beauty of a good book-the happy endings!
  Enjoy! Especially if you're a big fan of the Debbie Macomber books (Me!!) you'll love Sherryl Woods (also me!!) Scrub out your stress with some soapy fiction fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment