Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis


  I was so excited to get this new novel by Beverly Lewis from Bethany House Bloggers because she is one of my favorite authors, no one writes Amish stories the way she does.
  The Ebb Tide is centered around Sallie Riehl, the young Amish girl on the brink of joining the Amish church but she keeps putting off her confirmation and extending her Rumspringa. Sallie is full of daydreams and wonders what it would be like to travel the globe. She gets the opportunity to go to Australia, but passes it over to help a young, sick Amish boy in the community. And, when one door closes-another door opens. Sallie gets the chance to go to Cape May for the summer to be a nanny. She meets a 'Fancy' boy there who seems perfect for her, and......you'll see what happens.
  I loved the story, as usual. Sallie is kindhearted (wouldn't you love to have her for your nanny?) The little girl she baby-sits is positively scrumptious, and I can feel the glow Sallie gets every time she meets up with Mennonite Kevin. Just when I think Sallie's made the wrong decision-it gets straightened out in the end. I think it was the right ending, and I like that her Amish parents did not turn against her for her decision and were very supportive. Also-Loved the Cape May setting, I can imagine why Sallie would fall in love traveling after being there. Beautiful descriptions.
 Would I recommend The Ebb Tide? Jah!

No comments:

Post a Comment