Friday, March 9, 2018

Gardener's Log Book A Five Year Planner

My latest blog for Blogging For Books is for the Gardeners Log Book a 5 Year Planner.
 I've been gardening for about ten years but I have never kept a detailed log about my planting season but I am going to this year with the help of this little journal.
 The book opens with a map of the united states and the planting zones. My only complaint here is that all of the zones are featured in shades of green, so it's not that easy to differentiate the heartland region.
 The next section is many pages with a gridlike pattern that you fill in with your planting and harvesting dates. I think. It's pretty freeform with no explanation of what you are supposed to fill in on the squares - which are quite small- but I assume this is what it's for.
  The next section is a series of blank pages for journaling. I would use these to record details like weather patterns.
  I can see where a journal like this can be benefial to a gardener. Tracking trends can bring your gardening down to a science.
 I loved the cover design of this little book and the elastic cover holder. It should stand up to several years of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment