Friday, September 8, 2017

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

 I won a preview copy of The Wife Between Us (which doesn't go on sale until January of 2018), read it, and here's my review!
   I loved the first half of this book, I liked the second half of this book. Without giving away the plot twist, I'll just say the first half of the book is a woman obsessed with her ex-husband's new girlfriend. We see her unraveling as she starts drinking and stalking. Then-comes the twist and at first I was like 'What is going on?! I don't get it.' Then it fell in place. The story changes from a stalker story to one of  a woman's survival.
  Me personally? I preferred the stalker element. I liked seeing Vanessa coming undone and I wanted to see that play out. On the other hand, the second half has its dramatic moments. I wasn't quite sure about the ending and had to reread it-Emma is actually who?? Overall I'd give it a solid B to B-. I wanted more stalking less bored suburban housewife and her feelings of entrapment.

No comments:

Post a Comment